Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year, My Year in Sweaters 2014

As the year is winding down and we are gearing up to ring in the new year, I (like so many others) am taking time to look back at all I have accomplished.  I've had many highs in my personal life and a lot of first time experiences. Along with some lows with medical problems and employment.  But that is life, you got to take the good with the bad and put the positives in to focus and let the negatives fade and blur in to the background.  As I look back over my year, there is one thing that has remained constant throughout the year.  I am now a sweater knitter.  I started off the year strong and continued to cast on and cast off sweater after sweater. Right to the very end; they just keep coming off my needles. So, I'd like to end the year with a look back at all of the sweaters I've made and shared with you.

40's sweater - She Knits in Pearls
Although I must admit I started this sweater last December, I finished it in January, which makes this my first finished sweater of 2014.  This sweater was knit during the Knit for Victory KAL hosted by Tasha of By Gum By Golly.  You can read more about it here on the original post.  Not only was this my first vintage knit, but the experience introduced me to a whole new world of vintage loving knitters and bloggers.  I had no online presence and didn't read other blogs at all before this experience, I am so thankful for stumbling on to that Knit-A-Long.  It truly changed my life, for the better.
Maude Sweater - She Knits in Pearls

I apologize for the out of focus picture of this one, but as I knit this one during the Olympics in less than 2 weeks, I am really proud of it.  To make that even more impressive, this is made with a sock weight yarn and size 2 needles.  Here is the original post from last February.

Ginny Cardigan - She Knits in Pearls

I love this sweater so much I've blogged about it twice.  The first post was last winter/spring and then again last fall when I declared that is was my favorite fall sweater.   This was among the few hand knits that actually made the move with me to the new apartment.  Most of the rest on the list are waiting patiently for spring to roll around to come out of hiding (in storage).





Lovely Lace Cardigan - She Knits in Pearls

This lovely lace cardigan was knit last spring, just in time for the warmer summer weather.  The stitch pattern threatened to be too much for me, but I managed to make it all work and am very happy with the outcome.

Peggy Sue Cardigan - She Knits in Pearls

This Peggy Sue Cardigan was part of a fun little Knit-a-Long that I found on Ravelry.  I love joining KALs; it is so fun to be 'meeting' new people who are working on the same project as you.



This was probably my most favorite outfit of the summer.  Even if we didn't have enough nice weather to wear it much.  This Que Sera cardigan was my first all over lace pattern with set in sleeves.   It may not have been a smooth knit, but it sure did come out lovely.

She Knits in Pears Myrna Cardigan

This fall I whipped up the Myrna cardigan,  It is more of a summer sweater, but it'll be ready for me when next summer rolls around.

Next came my Marion Cardigan that was part of an Andi Satterlund KAL.  This was the sweater that had to be put on hold due to the infestation and subsequent move last October.  I really did not think this one was going to be done before the end of the year.  It has spent the last 2 months in a Ziploc bag in the freezer and right before my trip to Nevada, I thawed it out.  I'm now very happy to share with you my final sweater of 2014. 

She Knits in Pearls - Marion Cardigan

It still needs to be blocked and I have to wait till I get home to put on the buttons but the knitting is done.  So far, I couldn't be happier with it; it so soft and comfy and really looked great with the navy blue shirt under it.  I look forward to wearing it into the New Year and years to come.

Happy New Year, dear readers.  May 2015 be the best year of our lives. 

XOXO,
Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10