Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

We've Moved, New Home, New Path, & New Blog

 Photo Source
   This post has been a long time coming.  As you may have noticed, things have gotten very quiet around here over the last 6 months.  More realistically, the last year.  Over the past year, my life has changed focuses dramatically.  It started with Ian and I getting engaged and deciding to move.  With that decision, I had to focus on school so I could finish before the big day and big move.  Once that was out of the way, my focus turned to wedding planning and moving.  Oh, and another back surgery, which really impacted my daily life and focus for more time than I had expected or desired.



Photo Source
     Now that we are married and have reached our final destination (well, sort of.....)  It's time to settle in to our new lives and our routines.  We are working towards really being the best versions of ourselves and making our personal and mutual dreams and goals come true.  One of my goals is to get back into blogging.  There was a time when I really enjoyed blogging.  It has been such an amazing creative outlet for me and a way for me to connect with other people and feel like I'm part of something bigger.



     Why then am I moving the blog?  When I started blogging, I was spending the mass majority of my time knitting.  I was all consumed with my knitting and really thought it would be the main focus of my blogging.  For a while it fit, which is why the name of my blog has knitting in the title.  However over the last 2 years, I've noticed my knitting posts have become fewer and farther apart. That's not to say I'm not still obsessed with my knitting.  No, nothing could be further from the truth.  I'm still an avid knitter and will enjoy sharing my knitting with the internet.  But gone are the days when I can crank out a sweater every month.   Or share my WIP's with any regularity without showing you the same things over and over.  Boring.  Instead, an overwhelming number of my blog posts have been about random adventures and other life stuff.  It is what I'd like to do more of and not feel weird about posting lifestyle stuff on a "knitting" blog.   Instead, I'm working on creating a blog which more encompasses me as a whole.  Me, the person I am now; and the person I am working towards being.   The true person I am meant to be.




     Speaking of the person I am now verses the person I used to be, lets talk about names.  I've gone by the nickname Cherry and the on-line name of Cherry Darling for many years.  It's a name I was given, chosen for me by my friends that developed over time.  It served me well, during that time and there will always be a part of me that truly embodies the name.  As I've grown and as time goes by, I just don't feel like it truly represents me anymore.  So, after lots of thought and careful consideration, I have chosen a new name for myself that fully embodies who I am, where I come from, and the direction in which I hope to grow.




     All this brings me to the new blog.  Raven Rose Retro, at the moment, is very bare and just in it's extreme infancy.   Over the next few weeks that will change.  I've chosen the new name Raven Rose for a few reasons.  Ravens, for me, are Alaskan.  They are everywhere, in my home state, and have deep meaning in Native Alaskan cultures.  Although, they are not officially the state bird, in my opinion, they should be.  In addition, their beautiful black feathers are my ultimate black hair goals.  The last name of Rose is a tribute to my family.  My mothers maiden name is Rose and without my mother and the rest of my family, I wouldn't be the person I am today.  Raven Rose embodies who I am and represents where I come from both familial and geographical. 




     In my new blog I hope to bring you the same type of knitting, sewing, and random adventure posts. Additionally, I also hope to venture more into lifestyle, beauty, DIY, and maybe even some reviews of stuff too.  I hope you choose to follow me on my new blogging and life adventures.  Let's discover, together, what this new life, new home, and new adventures stuff is all about. 


Photo Source
     So until I see you again in my new location,  Goodbye all.  It's been a fun, educational, creative adventure here and I am ready to start over again.  Thank you so much for sharing the last few years with me, getting to know me, and letting me get to know you through the blog.


And for the last time......




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10