Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Vodka Lemonade and the Gun Range?

She Knits in Pearls
Yep, but it's not what you are thinking.  I would never in a million years drink and shoot.  However, I will wear my Vodka Lemonade Cardigan to the range.  See, that's the name of this sweater pattern.  With a name like Vodka Lemonade, how could I not want to knit this darling up? 
She Knits in Pearls
Just because I was wearing a skirt doesn't mean I'll give up the opportunity to take a trip to the range.  As you may have guessed, I was the fanciest gal there and stuck out like a sore thumb.  Not that that has ever bothered me one bit.
Car show
After the range, we took a stroll through a local car show.  Oh my how I loved each one of these classic babies.
Studebaker
I think this Studebaker was my favorite.  Just look at the propeller on the front.  That is seriously awesome!
She Knits in Pearls
Oh, don't mind me, I'm just checking my lipstick.
She Knits in Pearls
And pretending that I know what the hell I'm looking at under the hood.
Classic Ford
But hey, let's talk about this sweater.  Like I mentioned earlier, it's the Vodka Lemonade cardigan by Thea Colman.  My mom had the idea of knitting this sweater together as our own little knit a long.  We both started it in December while I was visiting her in Nevada.  I finished it in February, but wasn't loving it all that much which is why it has taken so long to make it on the blog. 
vodka Lemonade
It is clearly a spring/summer cardigan which may be why I wasn't in love with it in February.  Also, the pattern description says it has a "vintage feel" and I'm not really feeling that.  Maybe it's a bit early 60's but it doesn't have that 40's or 50's feel that I usually like.  I changed up the pattern a bit.  The lace panel in the back wasn't part of the original pattern, it was supposed to be just around the bottom but I thought I would get bored without it.
Vodka Lemonade
I also prefer that my sweaters have some sort of closure and this pattern doesn't have any.  I improvised with this little poodle and heart pin.  Super cute, but kind of a pain in my ass.

Vodka Lemonade
Although this may not be my favorite sweater that I've ever made, it was a nice pattern and it goes very well with many of the skirts in my wardrobe.  Including this skirt I made last summer.  If I were to make this sweater again, I would alter it to have buttons and also use a yarn with more stretch to it.  The cotton yarn I used from Jimmy Bean's is awesome but I don't think it was the right choice for this pattern.  I just loved the color so much and knew it would fit in to the mix well.  

I'm glad I got to wear it once before we started hitting the high 70's and low 80's.  I can't believe what a nice, hot summer we are having here in Alaska.  Now, I'm going to go dip my toes in the water with Cupcake and a real Vodka and Lemonade (don't worry Mom, all my homework is done).

XOXO,
Cherry 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10