Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Finally Done


Woot woot, happy dance. I finally cast off my Temperance socks. They were a knit-a-long with my mom and sister. Mom finished first and sister is running a bit behind. We'll let it slide considering she's the one with a full time job, 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a husband. So glad these are finally done. I really like the finished project, but knitting them was a bitch.

I also finished my toe up, modified "Jaywalker" socks. I love the way the yarn worked with this pattern, I will be using this stitch pattern again. However, I will know next time that there is NO STRETCH in the stitch pattern. So I'll have to go up a needle size when I get to the cuff part. This pair is a bit difficult to get over my ankle. Note to self - try on socks as you go, that's one of the perks to knitting socks toe-up. So, do it, damn it.

On another knitting note, my mom is comming to visit me tonight for a week. She lives in Fernley, Nevada, I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. I am SOOO excited to see her. She is also a complete knitting addict. I can't wait to show her all our lovely yarn stores, talk knitting patterns till the wee hours of the morning and knit together. Pictures to come.

Yours Knitting: 16.5
Total So far: 80.0

1 comment:

  1. AKWILDCHERRY rocks! But then, I'm her Mom. We had a blast together; shopping & knitting together. Can't wait to do it again in December! I'm sure we will be feverishly working on Christmas knitting.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10