Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Too hot for hats

5476472318782305378" />

As many of you know, I have been sick lately. I'm still battling the crud left over in my lungs and not back to my 100% self. About all I've been able to knit on lately has been hats. And not wonderfully intricate lace or beautifull cables, no. All that has been able to come off my needles lately are very basic stockinette stitch hats. I found a beautifull simple hat pattern on Ravelry called the Felicity Hat. It's done in a lucious purple malibrigo yarn that is like knitting with the softest cloud. So beautifull, I love it. As I got a bit healthier (ie, wasn't praying for death) I decided I wanted to do something a bit more challenging, but not to much. So, I changed up the felicity pattern, adding a few purl rows into the pattern, and changing the decreased at the top. Does this mean I'm now a designer? Haha, don't really think that this counts, but I'm calling this hat the "Berry Picker" I used a MANOS del URUGUAY Kettle Dyed pure wool in a colorway that makes me think of mixed berries. This hat makes me look forward to the fall when I can go berry picking. I'm testing the pattern again with Dream in Color and if all goes well, I'll write up the pattern and post it.

I am in LOVE with these hats!!!! However, it being 87 degrees outside, I guess I'll have to wait a few months to wear them. Wow, did I just complain about it NOT being cold here in Alaska. I must still be a little sick.

Yours Knitting: 18
Total So far: 63.5

1 comment:

  1. WOW - the hats are georgous! You used some fab yarn too. Do I see you cut your bangs???
    87 degrees ??? Send that our way will ya! We aren't supposed to see that til next week.

    Have you called your Mom lately??? She has texted you & got no reply!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10