here. The fabric is vintage 1940's and I took my chances winging it and not using a pattern. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't have much to go with it, but it turns out that I have 3-4 cardigans that go with it wonderfully.
seen it before. I originally had other plans for this yarn, but that just wasn't meant to be. It was clearly meant for this amazing cardigan. I did make a few alterations to it however. Because my gauge is always an issue, I did a lot less rows on the sleeves and did some serious fudging on the decreases. Also, because I have a medium front and a small back (thanks to my big boobs) and I forgot to make the adjustments (damn it), when I was picking up the stitches for the button band, I picked up a lot less than recommended through the back and shoulder area so that it nipped it in a bit. So far that seems to have done the trick and my sweater isn't falling off my shoulders like so many others like to do.
In other news, my friend Jessie who blogs over at Lonely Hepkat is organizing a 12 week photo challenge this summer.
flickr group. I'm really hoping we can get a bunch of lovely ladies to join in the fun.