Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring Treasures

VIntage Inspiration She Knits in Pearls

I'm so in love with the treasures I've found this week. Although they aren't what I was searching for, they are a welcome addition to my new spring wardrobe. I had originally set out to find a light turquoise cross-body purse and a thin red belt at the second hand shops in town. Although there were none to be found, that doesn't mean I came up empty handed. Feeling a bit dismayed having had a picture in my head of what I was searching for, I continued to browse around for a bit. I'm so glad that I did. First up I found this absolutely delightful head scarf.
Vintage Scarf She Knits in Pearls
I love the mix of turquoise, red, peach and cream, It mixes so well with everything I've been wearing lately. It's taken a bit of self control not to wear it every day.
Vintage Inspiration She Knits in Pearls

I also stumbled on to this charming little fake Gucci bag. Yes, I'm under no illusions, and I did not purchase it in the hopes of fooling anybody. In fact, I'm almost didn't buy it. But I just love the color and style so much. For some reason, It reminds me of my Grandmother. I don't know if it's the style, maybe it's the color, maybe it's because I seem to be thinking about her a bunch lately. I don't know the reason but it does, and that makes me smile. Plus, It goes so well with the headscarf, right?

Vintage Inspiration She Knits in Pearls

It wasn't till I got home that I realized that these two pieces go smashingly with the corduroy Woolrich jacket that I found last week at Salvation Army. Although the sun is shining more and the days are definitely warming up, there is still a bite in the air. This jacket will hopefully keep me warm until the summer weather is here and my next spring cardigan is off the needles. Here's a little sneak peak at my newest knitting project. I'm getting excited, It's almost done.
Vintage Inspiration She Knits in Pearls




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10