Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Little Something To Get Me Started

My knitting and crafting (but mainly knitting) life had been put on hold, what with the infestation and subsequent move this last week.  Not only have I been far too busy to knit, but all of my knitting is stuck frozen in the freezer.  Everything I've read says that it should stay in the freezer for 1 week, but being the paranoid person that I am, it's gonna stay in time out for at least 2 weeks. 

I've wanted to just temporarily forget about those projects cast out into the frozen cubicle and move on to something new, but it hasn't been easy.  I spent many years casting on all the projects willy nilly and not worrying about finishing anything.  But you know what that got me?  No finished objects, knitting chaos and lots of time spent trying to remember where I was in 15 damn patterns. 

A few years ago I figured out how to manage the knitting chaos.  I only ever have 3 projects going on at any one time.  1) a major home project (usually a sweater).  2) a travel project, good for car rides and waiting rooms (usually socks or gloves).  And 3) some little project for that instant gratification that I need when the other projects are taking too long (usually a hat or my knit brooches).  Since I started my system, life (on the knitting front) has been so much simpler and rewarding.  I've gotten used to my system and have even gone so far as to rely on it.  I've trained my brain to work this way.  So, the idea of casting on something new before I have finished these projects has been hard.  I just haven't been able to get on board with the idea.  Until, last night, when I finally got over it. 

She Knits in Pearls
I started this little number.  Eventually it will be a hat, more of a grown up bonnet, really.  I have wanted to knit a bonnet for a while now, ever since I watched Disney's Frozen.  Cute movie, but I was more fixated on there cold weather wear.  Being from Alaska, I am always keeping my eyes open for anything that is cute and would be good for our winters. 

 
I think I could pull off wearing a bonnet, right?  Well, I'm going to try.  I found a free pattern called Pauline and it looks like it will do quite nicely.  This should be a quick little knit to get me back into the swing of things.

I'm so very sad that I've had to put my Marion Cardigan on frozen hiatus for a while and it looks as though I will not finish it before the deadline.  I don't plan in picking it back up for a while.  I have some other big projects that must get done in the coming month or two.  After I get this little project for me done, I'll be moving full steam ahead on new projects for a very dear friend of mine (more on that later). 

After all the stress of moving and severely downsizing my life, I'm happy to get back to my knitting and my blogging.  Thanks for reading guys, your words of wisdom and encouragement have been the sunshine in an otherwise very dreary day.

XOXO,
Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10