Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

10 Reasons Knitting is better than Sex

After my sister texted me last Saturday night and asked why I wasn't out on a date it got me to thinking......

10 Reasons knitting is better than sex

10. It doesn't matter if your hair and makeup is done. Your needles will still let you touch them.
9. You can do it in public without being arrested.
8. It's less hazardous to your health, I've never thrown my back out while knitting.
7. After 20 minutes of knitting, I've never felt unsatisfied.
6. I regularly do the happy dance after CASTING off.
5. I can watch Law & Order or Criminal minds while knitting and no one thinks it's sick or disturbing.
4. The only disease you can get from knitting is Second Sock Syndrome.
3. I can spend hours on the Internet searching knitting related things and no one thinks I'm a perv (Well, not for that at least)
2. You don't need a shower afterwards.
1. If you want to snuggle with your yarn after, you can. If you want to roll over and start snoring, that's OK too.



I did get some knitting done. Friday night, cast on the second Leyburn. Sunday afternoon, cast off. And now the pair is done. HAPPY DANCE! HAPPY DANCE!!!

Hours knitting: 9.5
Total hours: 17

5 comments:

  1. Your Leyburns are just beautiful! You're a much faster knitter than me. And I LOVE this list! So funny and so TRUE! *LOL* I'm on vacation this week and plan to spend a good bit of time knitting. I'm trying to decide this morning what to cast on today. I'm leaning toward Wendy Johnson's "Swan Song".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fast, when I have the time. I've spent the last 3 months unemployed, so I've had ALOT of knitting time. I'm so excited to start my new job today, but a bit sad that my knitting time is gonna become nonexistant. Either that, or I'm gonna figure out a way to make sleep unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit dude! A sock in less than 2 days... i'm impressed!
    ~Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I'm hoping your job will exhaust you so you can sleep. But then, I'm your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for knitting!! Yay for sex!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10