Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Happy Early Birthday to Me!

 
Chronically Vintage She knits in Pearls
 
I'm so excited that my birthday week is here.  I'm not one of those obnoxious people who thinks they get a whole week rather than one day, but this year has been a lucky one.  My birthday isn't till this Sunday but I've already received my gifts.  Yeah, I could have waited till Sunday, but I didn't and I don't feel bad about that at all.  See above all those darling gifts.  I actually bought them myself, but they arrived this week and with that beautiful wrapping, I consider them presents. 
She Knits in Pearls
 
Look, even the box it came in was wrapped (and cupcake was so curious).  All this loveliness is thanks to my darling internet friend Jessica of Chronically Vintage and her fabulous etsy shop.  I seriously can not speak highly enough of this gal or her shop, just go check it out.  And if you'd like to get me something for Christmas while your there, go right ahead.  So what was in that box and wrapped up in all the pretty pink tissue paper?  Lets see.....
Vintage Knitting She knits in Pearls
 
First to be unwrapped are these wonderful vintage knitting and needlework booklets from 1956.  Jessica is such a dear, in one of her first interactions I mentioned that I am always looking for (and rarely finding) vintage knitting books.  Now, when ever she comes across them, she keeps me in mind.  How sweet is that? 
She Knits in Pearls
Sorry about the shameless selfie, well not that sorry.  Next I unwrapped this adorable little flower pin.  I just love broaches so much and this little gem is no exception.  Next comes my new to me vintage 1940's hat.
Vintage hat She Knits in Pearls
This is just the back of the hat.  I wasn't able to get a great picture of the front today.  So you'll just have to wait till I find the perfect outfit and get some fabulous pictures.  But trust me, it is FABULOUS. 
 
As if all this weren't enough for the day, I also got a wonderful package from my Mother.  If you have followed me for a bit, you already know that we had to move last month and got rid of more than 50% of our stuff.  We are now in a much smaller (but nicer) place.  There is a whole new color scheme and set up.  Knowing this, my mother did a fantastic job of helping decorate the new place.  Look at these awesome table runners and pot holders that perfectly match the colors of the new place (beige, olive green and red).  They incorporate my love of all cherry prints with the new colors so well.
 
She Knits in Pearls
 
She's so talented, I'm so glad that she has passed on some of her creative genes to me.
 
She Knits in Pearls
Look how perfectly that fits on my side table.  She also made that little catch all with the skulls and lace trim.  It's perfect for those cable needles and stitch markers that the couch usually eats right up.  To top it all off she made Cupcake and me a new blanket to snuggle up on the couch with.
I think she likes it all ready.  I can't wait to snuggle up with her and have the comfort of my Mom with me.  I foresee a lot of knitting happening with this laid across my lap.  There's nothing better on a cold Alaskan evening than a good blanket, a dog and knitting.
 
So, all this and it's not even my birthday yet.  That I'll be spending in Anchorage with my two best friends and my Dad.  I must have been a child the last time I spend my birthday with my Father, so I'm looking forward to it immensely.  There will be lots of laughs, silly pictures, great talks, antique shops and many many hugs.  It should be a great weekend.  As I will still be out of town this weekend, I am unsure of whether there will be a Sunday post as usual.  I will try, but as Sunday is my birthday, if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to stress about it. 
 
What's your favorite way to spend your birthday?  Are they a big deal to you, or just another day?
 
XOXO,
Cherry


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10