Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Qiviut Dream Smoke Ring

 Qiviut smokering She Knits in Pearls
The Qiviut smoke ring is final done.  As I mentioned in a previous post I have been working on this absolutely amazing project for my very dear friend who is battling colon cancer.  This project has been such a delight to work on that I'm a bid sad that is done.  Never mind how much of a dream it was to work with this deliciously delicate yarn, I truly enjoyed the feeling that something I was doing will be of some comfort while my friend is fight her personal war against cancer (and kicking its ASS). 

I must thank the people who have helped make this project possible.  It took many donations from friends to make this happen as this is the most expensive yarn I have ever worked with.  Thank you to Val, Daniel, Tara, Brenda, and Dave for chipping in and opening your wallets.  I quite literally could not have done this without you. 

                     Qiviut Smoke Ring She Knits in Pearls

If you like to read more about Jamie and her family (2 beautiful daughters and an amazing husband), you can go to You Care, a really great website that helps raise money for those in need.  I loved reading about their journey through cancer in their own words.  You don't have to know them to care and you don't have to be wealthy to donate, every little bit helps.

In other news, I have started on my vintage pajamas  for the vintage pajama party hosted my Carla oven on Tiny Angry Crafter. I haven't actually started sewing yet, but I got all the pieces cut out.  That is no small feat as this is my least favorite part of sewing.  Not to mention that it is also the most painful part of sewing due to my back injury and now chronic back problems.  I'm very happy to report that I was able to get it all done with very little pain.  I took many breaks through out the day and was able to get the smaller pieces done on the kitchen table (rather than the floor) which allowed me to have better positioning and in turn less overall pain.  Although I wanted to dive right in to the sewing I thought it best (on my back) to step away and wait for another day.  I'm still waiting for another day and hurriedly working on other knitting projects that I look forward to sharing soon.

On a side note, is anybody else being crafty with their holiday gifts?  I absolutely hate that the marketing monster that is America is already overflowing with Christmas commercials and every store has already been filled with the usual holiday garb.  I thankfully haven't had my ears burned out by holiday music yet (it has it's time and place people, DECEMBER).  However, as a crafty gal who likes to give hand made gifts, I am in that mode.  Making lists and checking them twice, I am working hard to get all that I can done.  How do I share those projects on the blog?  I want to show them off, but wonder if the recipients will be able to figure it out and ruin surprises.  I want to share who each gift is for but think I'll have to refrain.  I hope I'll figure it all out.  If I don't, I won't have knitting projects to share for the next few months.  Considering this blog centers around my knitting, that doesn't make much sense to me.  Wish me luck all, and I wish you all luck on your holiday projects.

XOXO
Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10